In episode 34 of The Knowing Self Knowing Others Podcast, we focus on self-aware leadership. While our guest, Steph Tuss, shares her incredible journey from being a school teacher to becoming the CEO of Life Is Now, we also delve into the importance of self-awareness for effective leadership.
Here are five tips on how to be more self-aware:
1. Reflect on your actions and behaviors: Take the time to reflect on your own actions, behaviors, and the impact they have on others. Ask yourself questions like, “How did I handle that situation?”, “Did my actions align with my values?”, and “How did others perceive me?” This self-reflection helps you gain insight into how you show up as a leader.
2. Seek feedback: Actively seek feedback from trusted individuals, such as colleagues, team members, or mentors. Listen attentively to their perspectives and be open to constructive criticism. Feedback can provide valuable insights into blind spots and areas for growth.
3. Practice self-observation: Develop the habit of observing your thoughts, emotions, and reactions in various situations. Notice patterns or triggers that may influence your behavior. This self-observation helps you become more aware of your strengths, weaknesses, and areas of improvement.
4. Embrace continuous learning: Engage in activities that promote personal and professional growth. This could include reading books, attending leadership workshops or seminars, or even seeking out a coach or mentor. The more you learn and expand your knowledge, the greater your self-awareness becomes.
5. Cultivate mindfulness: Incorporate mindfulness practices into your daily routine. Mindfulness allows you to be fully present in the moment, to observe your thoughts without judgment, and to connect with your emotions. By practicing mindfulness, you can develop a deeper understanding of yourself and how you relate to others.
Remember, self-awareness is an ongoing journey, and it requires commitment and practice. By implementing these tips, you can cultivate self-awareness and become a more effective and impactful leader.
Stay tuned for more insightful episodes on self-aware leadership on The Knowing Self, Knowing Others podcast.