Some days you will feel like you’ve fallen out with everybody, you can’t do right for doing wrong and everything you do is under par.
So what do you do?
- Take a breath. These days are emotional rollercoasters and you want to be able to control your emotions, not them control you
- Change your environment. Go for a walk, a run, a swim. Sit in a different chair. Take your laptop and work in a different room. Look at the world from a different vantage point.
- Work on a different task. Pick something that gives you a product at the end. Even if it’s just busy-work and your product is ticking it off the to-do list. Give yourself something with a definite achievement at the end and set yourself up to succeed.
- Accept that it’s just one day. You didn’t feel like this yesterday and you probably won’t feel like this tomorrow. Actually, it’s only really 8 hours, isn’t it?
- When the working day ends, walk away and do something else. We work to live, not live to work. Tomorrow is another day. And tomorrow might just be better….
…well, it is Friday after all 💫